There are many ways you can help the NSO continue to present high-quality classical music on the Oregon coast.
1. Giving. Your gifts help bring beautiful music to our community. They enable us to hire dedicated and accomplished musicians and music director, keep ticket prices affordable, allowing us to offer $10 tickets to children, bring a free concert to the community every Fourth of July, and invite world-class guest artists to perform with the NSO. Your gifts make this all possible!
2. Sponsor a musician or make a donation. Ticket revenue covers only about 30% of the cost of bringing the NSO to the stage. Won’t you help by making a gift in the name of a musician? If you’d like to sponsor a musician, please contact the NSO.
3. Underwrite our education initiatives. Educational activities include support for the Newport Youth Symphony of the Oregon Coast (NYSOC), summer youth music camp, and a special concert by a visiting youth orchestra. If you or your business would like to support any of these activities, please call or e-mail the symphony.
4. Become a volunteer for the Symphony. We need help with everything from feeding musicians to promotion to writing grants. Any talent, interest, or free time you would like to donate is most welcome! Join us today by speaking to a Board member at a concert, completing our volunteer form, e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 458-868-9155
5. House a musician. We are always seeking generous residents who will open up their homes to NSO musicians for rehearsal and concert weekends. If you have a guest room and would like to get to know an NSO musician a little better, let us know!
The Newport Symphony Orchestra is a not-for-profit organization with 501(c)(3) IRS status. Contributions to the Newport Symphony are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. The Newport Symphony’s Tax I.D. is Tax ID # 93-1013951.